[EPIC]: Support for arbitrary media uploads
Renamed the title of this issue.
As originally stated here:
- Supporting folks with poor bandwidth or limited traffic plans. Yes! This is still a thing.
- Performance is still a consideration. Larger media will incur additional latency, cost, bandwidth, etc.
- Not everyone would really want this per se, see above point.
So I would break this EPIC down into the following👎
- Add support for prserving the original uploaded media
- Add Pod-level and User-level settings for the quality of media to be served
- Add some nice UI/UX for parralex-style inline display of images (i.e: click to open larger original)
I think this preserves original bandwidth/traffic respecting behaviour at the same time as preserving original quality (respecting
-U/--max-upload-size) and giving Pod Owner/Operator and Users the choice of quality they prefer the see.
The last item is a UI/UX enhancement that could be done with the current theme with a little JS with graceful degredation.
Deleting a branch is permanent. It CANNOT be undone. Continue?